What is NEW?BME Calender - BME Takvimi
Enstitünün düzenli ajandası olan aktiviteleri (ofis saatleri, seminerler, Yüksek Lisans tez önerisi sunumları, Yüksek Lisans staj sunumları, Doktora Yeterlilik Sınavı önemli günleri, Enstitü Yönetim Kurulu toplantıları vd.) ve özel etkinlikler (Tez sunumları, sempozyumlar vd.) >>
Guide For Masters and PhD Applicants - Yüksek Lisans ve Doktora Başvuru Kılavuzu
Yeni başvuran Doktora ve Yüksek Lisans adayları için Enstitümüzün yurt, burs, finansal ve akademik destek olanakları >>
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bora Garipcan
Dr. Garipcan graduated from Hacettepe University, Department of Chemistry in 1999. He completed his MSc. Degree in Biochemistry division at the same department in 2001. He received his PhD in 2008 from Hacettepe University, Institute of Graduate and Applied Sciences Bioengineering division. During his PhD he had visited Drexel University, Department of Material Science and Engineering, Philadelphia, U.S.A as a visiting scholar. He was a Marie Curie Post-Doctoral fellow in Friedrich-Schiller University, Institute of Materials Science and Technology, Jena, Germany from 2008-2009. His main research areas are; Biomaterials, Biomimetic materials and Biosensors. He is an Assistant Prof. Dr. at Boğaziçi University, Institute of Biomedical Engineering since July 2011. His research is focused on surface engineering of several medical surfaces (such as Ti, Si, Au, biodegradable polymers, and PDMS) by changing surface properties (stiffness, topography, chemistry and biochemistry) for controlled and directed cellular behavior (adhesion, proliferation, and differentiation).
-Development of biomatrices to direct human induced pluripotent stem cells towards cardiac differentiation (BIOMICARD), TÜBİTAK-BMBF Inten-C, 2014-2017, ongoing, co-Principal Investigator with Dr. Kurt Pfannkuche from University of Cologne, Institute of Neurophysiology, Germany.
-The effects of Surface Properties on Chondrogenic Stem Cell Differantiation, Boğaziçi University Research Fund, 07/2013, ongoing, Principal Investigator.
-Controlled and Directed Stem Cell Differentiation of Stem Cells on Ti Surfaces, Boğaziçi University Research Fund, 07/2013, ongoing, Principal Investigator.
-Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Novel Amido Amino Acid Self-Assembled Molecules, TBAG, 112T564TUBITAK, ongoing, Principal Investigator.
-Cell Culture Laboratory for Advanced Biomaterials Engineering, (12XS1), Boğaziçi University Research Fund, 05/2012-05/2013, Principal Investigator.
-Imaging Endothelial Structure of Arterial Blood Vessels Institute of Materials Science and Technology (IMT) Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany (A joint project with Department of General, Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Jena) Research Scientist.-Solitech (Biological applications of Soft Lithography, FP6-14084, EU project) Research Scientist.
1) Cinar, S., Unaleroglu, C., Ak, A., Garipcan, B., Design, synthesis and cytotoxic evaluation of β-aryl-α-dimethoxyphosphoryl-γ-lactams, Medicinal Chemistry Research 26(5), pp. 1022-1028, 2017.
2) Yılmaz, E., Garipcan, B., Patra, H.K., Uzun, L., Molecular imprinting applications in forensic science, Sensors17(4), 691, 2017.
3) Akkan, C.K., Hür, D., Uzun, L., Garipcan, B., Amino acid conjugated self assembling molecules for enhancing surface wettability of fiber laser treated titanium surfaces, Applied Surface Science, 366, pp. 284-291, 2016.
4) Yildirim, A., Turkaydin, M., Garipcan, B., Bayindir, M., Cytotoxicity of multifunctional surfactant containing capped mesoporous silica nanoparticles, RSC Advances, 6(38), pp. 32060-32069, 2016.
5) Ateş, G.B., Ak, A., Garipcan, B., Yüksel, S., Gülsoy, M., Controversial effects of low level laser irradiation on the proliferation of human osteoblasts, Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging - Proceedings of SPIE, 9309,930907, 2015.
6) Bora Garipcan, Stefan Maenz, Jürgen Zanow, Jörg Bossert, Utz Settmacher, and Klaus D. Jandt, Imaging Endothelial Microstructure and Endothelial Cell Dimensions, Advanced Biomaterials, (13,1-2, B3-9, 2011).
7) Garipcan, B.; Odabas, S.; Demirel, G.; Burger, J.; Nonnenmann, S.S.; Coster, T.M.; Gallo, M.E.; Nabet, B.; Spanier, J.E.; Piskin, E., In vitro Biocompatibility of n-type and Undoped Silicon Nanowires, Advanced Biomaterials, (13,1-2, B54-57, 2011).
8) David C. Trimbach, Dimitry Spitkovsky, Bora Garipcan, Sergiy Zankovych, Cornelia Böttinger, Yaki Duan, Jürgen Hescheler, Klaus D. Jandt, A Method for the Real-Time Observation of Endodermal Cell Behavior on Micropatterned Surfaces Advanced Engineering Materials, (11, 8 B106-B113, 2009).
9) Garipcan, B.; Winters, J.; Atchison, J. S.; Cathell, M. D.; Schiffman, J. D.; Leaffer, O. D.; Nonnenmann, S. S.; Schauer, C. L.; Piskin,E.; Nabet, B.; Spanier, J. E. Conductive-AFM Nanolithography on Alkene-silane Modified TiO2 Substrates, Langmuir, (Research Article) (24(16); 8944-8949, 2008).
10) Cao, L.; Garipcan, B.; Nonnenman, S.; Gallo, E.; Nabet, B.; Spanier, J. E., Excitation of Local Field Enhancement on Silicon Nanowires, Nano Lett., (8 (2), 601 -605, 2008).
11) Cao, L.; Garipcan, B.; Atchison, J. S.; Ni, C.; Nabet, B.; Spanier, J. E. Instability and Transport of Metal Catalyst in the Growth of Tapered Silicon Nanowires, Nano Lett., (Letter) (Vol. 6, No. 9, 1852-1857, 2006).